When pitching a new idea, what is the first thing your CEO asks for? Data. Here are our top five reports and case studies that will convince your boss to untie the purse strings.
Bonus: They're all free!
HubSpot's annual survey of thousands of marketers from companies of all sizes, across all industries, all over the world explores key elements of inbound marketing—from tactics for generating demand and capturing leads to tips for unlocking more marketing dollars.
What Is Inbound Marketing?
Inbound marketing refers to marketing activities that bring visitors in, rather than marketers having to go out to get prospects' attention (outbound marketing). Inbound marketing earns the attention of customers, makes the company easy to be found, and draws customers to the website by producing interesting content.
One key insight: Companies are three times as likely to see higher return on investment (ROI) on inbound marketing campaigns than on outbound efforts.
This report, which is a collaboration between Greystone.net (producers of the annual HCIC conference), Klein & Partners, and Sitecore, delves into the current state of digital marketing across the healthcare industry and provides best practices for catching up.
- Marketers from health systems are more likely to believe they “own” the digital experience, brand promise and customer experience at their organization than marketers from other types of healthcare organizations.
- Less than a quarter of survey respondents report using a marketing automation tool. This is significantly behind other industries.
- Overall, the healthcare industry is far behind other industries in the use of digital marketing tactics.
Contently's Industry Reports
Contently, a content management system (CMS) for collaborative marketing departments compiles annual reports from almost every industry. Here are our favorite takeaways from the healthcare and finance industries.
This report provides an overview of social media channel use, the growth of video and mobile apps, as well as features of industry thought leaders like Cleveland Clinic, Johns Hopkins, and Phoenix Children's.
- Custom content will be the prescription for healthcare companies.
- Curation of content across multiple channels will become an industry standard.
- More organizations will shift their focus from paid media to assets they own themselves.
This overview provides information about native content usage, publishing partnerships, crafting educational content, and video usage as well as features of industry thought leaders such as Capital One, E-Trade, and Citi.
- Financial marketers are raising the bar on the frequency and quality of their content, but they need a "vault" that will allow them to organize everything.
- More resources will be poured into native advertising and mobile video.
- Research-led content from thought leaders is key to educating (and converting) the target audience.
GetResponse, an email marketing and online campaign manager, has published an industry-by-industry breakdown of email and digital marketing current state as well as forecasts and best practices.
You can find finance on page 23 and healthcare on page 25.
- Overall, 57 percent of marketers will increase their digital marketing budgets in 2016.
- Email marketing delivers the highest overall ROI.
- Forty-two percent of marketers across industries do not segment their email lists by target audience.
Get more insights to inform your marketing efforts.