In a field full of buzzwords, there’s probably none more talked, tweeted, pinned, or SlideShared about than content marketing. A Google search for the term yields more than 360 million results. (For comparison, a search for "Justin Bieber" yields a paltry 200 million.) I can imagine it won’t be long before content marketing shows up in a SnapChat or two—and just as quickly disappears.
And the buzz isn’t limited to the virtual world. You could rack up thousands of frequent flier miles between the Content Marketing Summit, Content Marketing World Conference, Intelligent Content Conference, and a host of others.
Why the hype? Because it works.
Content marketing has emerged as a proven strategy for building awareness, fostering customer loyalty, and—most importantly—driving revenue growth. Not yet convinced or need help convincing others in your organization of the value of content marketing?
Here are five compelling stats to help you build or bolster a case for content marketing:
- 79 percent of marketers are shifting into branded content. (Forrester, 2013)
- 72 percent of marketers are producing more content now, compared with a year ago. (Content Marketing Institute, 2014)
- 60 percent of marketers expect their content marketing budgets to increase over the next 12 months. (Content Marketing Institute, 2014)
- 57 percent of marketers report custom content is their top priority. (Altimeter, 2014)
- Companies that blog are 13 times more likely to generate a positive marketing return on investment. (Hubspot, 2013)