Whether or not you consider yourself a tech person, the truth of the matter is you have to get in the game when it comes to connecting with your existing or potential customers online. Customized reports through Google Analytics can help you understand how your message is being received.
If you have an in-house team or outsource web content and management, knowing if your online ads are reaching and resonating with your desired audience is critical to the success of your business. And Google Analytics offers a wealth of reporting options to help you gage the power on your online content.
A Google Analytics Reports Primer
The Solutions Gallery includes a variety of unique tools to help you gather and understand informative data. Analytics blog team Kissmetrics recommends several custom reports to help marketers enhance their metrics experience. Here are a few of the top options that made the list:
- Funnel visualization is an effective way to observe and analyze traffic as it enters and drops off of your website. For example, you can track how many users visit the site, continue on to pages within the site, visit the subscribe page, and then follow through to subscribe to a newsletter. This is also an effective way to learn more about where traffic goes once it has been directed to your site and why you may be losing key members of your audience.
- A customer behavior reportmay be of particular value to companies with content-rich websites. By tracking critical information including entrances, bounces, unique visitors, page views, time spent on page, and per visit goal, webmasters can learn more about how content is consumed, specifically how long readers spend reading a blog on one specific page or post. This type of tracking may even be utilized to help determine the dollar value of traffic and page views.
- An hours and days reporttracks information about when people visit your page. Key data includes the time of day, day of the week, and how the timing relates to traffic. This report may be utilized as companies try to determine the best times to post new blogs or promote certain products.
- The traffic acquisition from social media reportis a valuable tool to utilize to learn more about how social media impacts your business. Using this option, companies can find out which social media options generate the most traffic for a website. Companies can also find out how that traffic translates into tangible results for the company.
- The Search Engine Optimization (SEO) report offered as part of the Google Analytics starter bundle helps companies measure effectiveness of links. Using this option, companies may also track links that connect users with their website. This option also allows users to follow information such as bounce rates, session duration, and per-session value.
These options illustrate the tip of the iceberg when it comes to what is possible through the utilization and customization of Google Analytics tools. Don’t be afraid to experiment, try something new, and maybe even build a solution yourself.
True North Custom can help you understand the analytics of your digital products and then work with you to improve results. Learn more by contacting Jason Skinner, chief marketing officer, at email@example.com.